Grow your own GIANT pumpkin and join in on the fun on Saturday, October 21st. Free seeds (2 per family) available at the HDPA office while supplies last. $25 registration fee due by Friday, October 13th to enter. Trophies, certificates and bragging rights for the heaviest, largest in circumference, oddest shaped and prettiest pumpkins.
General Rules for Giant Pumpkin Growing Contest
- You will receive 2 seeds from Historic Downtown Prosser Association at no charge (while supplies last). Limit 2 seeds per family. One giant pumpkin entry will be allowed per family at weigh in.
- You can use your own seeds.
- You must sign up to be entered in this contest. We need name, email and phone number.
- You are responsible for growing and taking care of your own seed and growth of your pumpkin.
- You are responsible for hauling your pumpkin to weigh in location and removing your pumpkin after the event should your pumpkin not be purchased by a business during the auction.
- Your Giant Pumpkin entry will need to be weighed in at the Prosser City Park.
- Pumpkin will be disqualified if there are noticeable cracks or rotten portions of the pumpkin.
- All registration fees ($25/pumpkin) must be paid to HDPA no later than the Friday, October 13 (one week before the event).
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd heaviest pumpkins.
- Prizes will be awarded for the 3 largest in circumference.
- There will be a people’s choice award; voting will take place on the day of the weigh in.
- Prizes to be announced at a later date.
- Weigh in times will be announced at a later date.
Please call the HDPA office at 509-786-2399
if you have any questions
or email Jesalyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Giant Pumpkin growing resources: