Open Positions & Volunteer Opportunities
Board Meetings: 2nd Monday of the month at Noon
Economic Vitality Meetings: 2nd Monday of the month at 1:30pm
Design Meetings: 2nd Monday of the Month at 4pm
Promotions Meetings: 2nd Wednesday of the month at 12:30pm
Outreach Meetings: 2nd Thursday of the month at 3pm
Board Member – Volunteer Position
Historic Downtown Prosser is looking to fill a seat on the Board of Directors with a dedicated, passionate, and connected volunteer. The Board is legally and financially responsible for the organization and oversee the Executive Director. Each member of the Board of Directors is brought on after a partnership vote during the annual election each fall. The Board meets the second Monday of the month at 12 noon in the Historic Downtown Prosser office, 1230 Bennett Avenue. Each Board member must also be on a committee (listed below this position). To learn more about the Board of Directors, please email Executive Director, Jesalyn Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (509) 786-2399.
- General knowledge of Historic Downtown Prosser
- Must be 18 years or older
- Past Board experience
- Past Historic Downtown Prosser volunteer experience
- Community development
- Attend the majority of all Board meetings
- Attend the majority of all committee meetings (the committee you select)
- Donate time and/or resources throughout the year through events and programming
- Other contractual agreements will be discussed
Committee Member - Volunteer Positions
Historic Downtown Prosser is currently looking for volunteers for the following committees:
- Promotions: responsible for driving traffic downtown through events and promotional campaigns. This committee meets the third Friday of the month from 12-1 pm. Average time requirement per month: 2-5 hours. To join this committee, email Committee Chair, Marty Taylor at email@example.com.
- Organization: responsible for recruiting volunteers and seeking partnership opportunities.
This committee meets as needed. Average time requirement per month: 2-5 hours. To join this committee, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design: responsible for the beautification of downtown. This committee manages the downtown planters and street furniture, façade improvement grant program, and events like Downtown Clean Up days. This committee meets the second Monday of the month from 1-2 pm. Average time requirement per month: 2-5 hours. To join this committee, email Committee Chair, Dean Benson, at email@example.com.
- Economic Vitality Committee: responsible for supporting businesses downtown through programs and events like Cash Mob, Small Business Saturday and the 12 Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt. This committee meets the second Monday of the month from 10-11 am. Average time requirement per month: 2-5 hours. To join this committee, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Committee: a sub committee that formed after community input that more downtown art was desired. This committee is responsible for overseeing the mural on Meade, the Ponies on Parade project and upcoming projects involving the arts in downtown. This committee meets as needed. Average time requirement per month: 1-4 hours. To join this committee, email the office at email@example.com
- Working on a team
- Event planning
- Understanding of downtown
- Understanding of Historic Downtown Prosser
- Marketing / public relations
- Attend the majority of committee meetings (being proactive about communicating absences)
- Participating in projects, moving them along in and outside of meetings
- Volunteer during project implementation or events throughout the year
- Be kind, open to other’s ideas and feedback, and have fun!
Water Volunteers Needed
Beginning in May and running through the beginning of October we are need of volunteers to help water the downtown flowers. Crews of 2 spend 1-2 hours daily driving our watering truck around on given routes to make sure the hanging baskets, small and large planters all have the water they need to withstand the hot sun and keep producing the beautiful blooms! We have individuals that we pair up, families that do it together, even organizations that take turns on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule that works for the volunteer. Let us know if you’d like to be trained and help keep the flowers thriving this summer!
Downtown Clean-up Volunteers Needed
Show your pride for OUR community by helping with Historic Downtown Prosser’s spring and fall clean-ups. We sweep, pull weeds, wipe down benches and garbage cans, pick up trash and generally dust off downtown so we look our best for residents and visitors alike.
You’ll need to bring your work gloves, brooms, and the family to help clean up downtown Prosser!
Committee Member - Car Show
Historic Downtown Prosser is currently looking for people who are willing to help with the planning of the Streetscape Car & Motorcycle Show. This committee meets once a month from March-September with more frequent meetings leading up to the event. Committee members must plan on volunteering at the event in 2021. Committee members are expected to attend a majority of the meetings. Meetings will be set based on the committee members availability.
- Event planning
- Experience with Historic Downtown Prosser
- General knowledge of this event and downtown Prosser
- Team player
- Be kind and open to other’s opinions and ideas
- Offer help and guidance when needed
- Volunteer on the day of the event
- Help with the promotion
- Help with procuring sponsorship dollars and donation items for the raffle and swag bags
- Have fun!
If you are interested in joining the Streetscape Car & Motorcycle Show please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 786-2399.